Aerial Work Platforms
This training introduces the learner to pre-operational inspections and continues through safety procedures for driving, raising and lowering platform procedures, and parking procedures.
Closed Captioning is included.
This course presents interactive instruction covering the following topical areas:
• Daily inspection
• Preparing to operate
Fueling and Battery Charging
• Battery charging
Entering the Lift
• Getting on the platform
• Fall protection
Starting and Operating the Lift
• The recheck
• In case of malfunction
Driving the Lift
• Driving on ramps
• Driving while elevated
Raising and Lowering the Platform
• Procedures to raise and lower the platform
Parking and Dismounting
• Proper parking procedures
• Getting off the lift
• Personal Responsibility
This course will measure mastery on each of the following performance objectives:
Inspect equipment prior to beginning work.
• Recall the frequency of equipment inspections.
• Identify items to look for during an inspection.
• Recognize proper inspection procedures.
Inspect the work area prior to beginning work.
• List items to inspect around the lift.
• State the safe distance required from high-voltage power lines.
Safely fuel the lift.
• Choose the proper platform placement when fueling a lift.
Properly charge a lift's battery.
• Locate where a battery should be charged.
Properly and safely enter the lift.
• Recognize proper entry procedure onto the platform.
• Agree that a fall protection device with a lanyard must be worn and attached to the platform lanyard by anyone on the platform.
• Recall that purpose of fall protection.
Use proper procedure when starting a lift.
• Select items to check after starting the lift.
• Explain the procedure to follow if a lift's control is not working properly.
Safely drive a lift.
• Describe proper procedure to follow when encountering a ramp.
• Select procedures to follow when driving with the lift elevated.
Properly raise and lower a lift's platform.
• Describe the surface needed to elevate a platform.
• Select proper steps to take if a platform or elevated assembly of a boom lift gets caught on another object.
• Agree that it is never safe to use a work platform as a crane.
Properly park the lift.
• Describe proper parking procedures for a lift.
Safely dismount a lift.
• Choose safe procedures to follow when dismounting a lift.
Operate Aerial Lift Platforms responsibly.
• Explain personal responsibilities when operating lifts.