Back Safety: PowerLift: Lifting Training That Works
This training introduces a new method for lifting. The Powerlift method improves back safety in comparison to old bending techniques. Back injuries account for hundreds of thousands of workplace injuries every year, many of which could be avoided with proper lifting techniques.
The course details the flaws of "back lifting" and identifies how common lifting strategies can be harmful or lead to injury. The training explains the Powerlift technique, as well as several variations which are useful in different lifting situations. The Powerlift methods are applicable for lifting materials in nearly any situation. To help prevent back injuries this course helps workers apply safe lifting techniques to their daily work practices.
This course presents interactive instruction covering the following topical areas:
The Dangers of Back Lifting
• Why back lifting can be so harmful
• Cumulative injury
Squat Lifting Flaws
The Wide Stance PowerLift
• Wide stance PowerLift description
• PowerLift basics
The PowerLift Tipping
• Load Creating handles
The PowerLift Tripod Lift
The Golfer's Bend
The Lean-Bar Lifting Technique
• When is this needed?
• Using objects that are not actual bars
This course will measure mastery on each of the following performance objectives:
• Be familiar with the dangers of back lifting.
• Avoid the traditional flaws of squat lifting.
• Use basic principles of the wide stance PowerLift.
• Properly perform the tipping load lift.
• Properly use the tripod lift.
• Properly use the golfer's bend.
• Properly utilize the lean-bar lifting technique.
• Use bridging to add strength and balance while lifting an object.