Cathodic Protection Remediation
The purpose of this training is to evaluate an individual's knowledge of the various methods of measuring the wall thickness of pipe.
Upon completion, student will be able to:
Install electrical bonds
• Install electrical bond.
• Identify causes of current loss and restriction.
Install galvanic and impressed current anodes
• Install anodes.
Perform transformer/rectifier installations
• Install transformer/rectifiers components.
Perform test station installations
• Install test station
Perform thermite welding procedures
• Perform thermite-welding procedures.
Conduct electrolyte resistivity measurements
• Conduct electrolyte resistivity measurements.
Locate, monitor and clear shorted casings
• Test for shorted casings.
• Monitor shorted casings.
• Clear shorted casings.
Abnormal Operating Conditions.
• Identify and respond to abnormal operating conditions.
• Document findings according to company procedures
This training fulfills requlations 49 CFR 195.242 and 49 CFR 192.471 (a), (b).