Back Safety - Step Back for Safety Series (Spanish)
This Back Safety training will show your workers the techniques used to prevent wear and tear on the back; and will help them understand why these methods actually do work for them!
Training describes how the back functions and stresses the importance of avoiding bad postures, using improper lifting methods, or even being hunched over the computer for long time periods.
The course also demonstrates methods for lifting, bending, and reaching that will help keep your back safe. Once workers know more about the back, they are then prepared to take care of it through exercise, stretching, and working in neutral postures.
This course presents interactive instruction covering the following topical areas:
You Need To Know
• Back injuries
Prevention Through Stretching And Posture Relief
• Neutral posture
• Safe vertical work zones
• Warm-up stretches
• Posture relief exercises
It is Your Responsibility
• Proper lifting techniques
This course will measure mastery on each of the following performance objectives:
Understand back injuries.
• Discuss why prevention is the best "cure" for back injuries.
• Describe a sprain.
• List causes of back injuries
Prevention through stretching and posture relief.
• Define the neutral posture.
• Identify the safe vertical work zone.
• Describe warm-up stretches.
• Identify posture relief exercises.
Use safe lifting techniques.
• Explain why proper lifting is essential to avoid back injuries.
• Recognize that reaching adds to the stress on your shoulders and back.
Agree that it is your responsibility to keep you back safe.
• Recall that you must remain aware of your body position during work.